Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Sublime Honeycrisp Apple

I just want to take this opportunity to pay homage to what the New York Times called "the iPod of apples", the jewel of the fall farmers' market - the honeycrisp apple.Whether I am chopping them up and mixing them in my oatmeal (yes, that's what I do every morning. Give it a shot), or my wife is using them for apple crisp, this apple's virtually equal amounts of sweetness and tartness delight our taste buds. We pick ours up at the Three Springs Fruit Farm at the Headhouse Farmers' Market in Philadelphia and I look forward to it every weekend. If you have never had one, I'm telling you, you need to get off your ass and get to the farmers' market. And...GREAT NEWS!!! This apple has an unusually long shelf-life so get a bunch and enjoy them for at least two to four weeks at the bottom of your fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on The Philly Food Feed!