Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Bob!

I know this is a blog about food, but I would be remiss if I didn't wish a happy 70th birthday to Bob Dylan. While I have always been into music, for some reason in my first 33 years, Dylan was off my radar screen. Then last year my wife scratched her glasses. On the way to America's Best, I had the radio on scan and picked up a staticy station right when the DJ was giving the number of the station and asking for the 7th caller. I literally had no idea what I was calling for, but by the end of the hastily made call I had won tickets to see Bob Dylan in Monmouth College in North Jersey. LOL. Believe it or not, I saw Ray Davies of the Kinks exactly the same way. That is my M.O., I like farmers' markets and 70 year old popular music icons. Ok, cool. So I wanted to bone up on Dylan in the two months I had to wait. Wow. Blood on the Tracks? Wow. Freewheelin'? Wow. This is like up there with the Beatles to me now. I know, like 50 years late right? And then I saw him.
As some of you know I am at Clark Park every Sunday and on the way down 95, I am blasting Dylan. So there, I made it relevant.



So here is my list of top 10 Dylan songs as of today. See me next week and it will at least change in order, if not new songs. Happy Birthday Bob!

1. Don't Think Twice, It's Alright
2. Tangled Up In Blue
3. All Along The Watchtower
4. Simple Twist Of Fate
5. Stuck Inside of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
6. Positively 4th Street
7. Hurricane
8. If Not For You
9. The Man In Me
10.Masters of War

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on The Philly Food Feed!